Hailea chiller not working

It's all about nutrition and hygiene. Talk about food, filters etc here
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Hailea chiller not working

Postby tirujit » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:36 am

I have a Hailea 150A chiller which was shut down during the winter season. Today when I turned it on it is behaving strangely. I have set the cooldown temp to 27, while the water temp is 31. When I switch the power on chiller kicks on after few minutes then suddently after 4-5 minutes it kicks off. But I have seen earlier when chiller kicks on then it continues working till the water temp goes down to preset temp. Can anyone tell me what problem it might be.
tirujit
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Hailea chiller not working

Postby diveindia » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:11 pm

My experience is of a Resun chiller, not Hailea, but I guess the workings are similar. Most likely the chiller is overheating and the circuit is cutting out to prevent more serious damage. Please check if there is any indicator for overheating. In mine there is a red LED which glows once the internal temperature goes above the cutout setting. The blower fan moves to a higher speed to cope, but if it's not enough the compressor is cut out. This might happen due to build up of dust and/or rust near the fan shaft. The coolant might have lost its heat exchange capacity or the compressor might be performing below par from age. Try cleaning the air filter, which should be easily removable. That can improve things. Else contact the seller for a look-in. I am not aware if there are authorised service centres of Hailea near your location. Buroda is known to service chillers, you can contact him if needed. Hope this helps.
diveindia
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby bappa » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:00 am

If you are near jadavpur you can contact buro da .
Thanks
BAPPA....

Math. The only place where people buy 60 watermelons and no one wonders why....:)
bappa
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby tirujit » Mon May 01, 2017 4:10 am

In such cases Buroda is just an useless person, when I gave him a call he immediately told me that the gas has been leaked out. So I just ignored him. Well the actual problem was the fan motor was gone kaput Replaced the fan, and everything is working fine and dandy now.
tirujit
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby diveindia » Fri May 05, 2017 5:47 am

I had a similar issue 3 weeks back. Mine is a Resun CL 650. I attempted to service it myself from guides on the internet. I found that the fan was not working and fixing that was beyond me. I checked with Splashing Meadows from whom I purchased it years back. They could not help, neither could Ripples as they only serviced Teco chillers. Then I called Buroda and he shared the contact of Mr. Mangal, who runs a refrigeration servicing setup in Daspara, Mukundapur. He asked me to reach the chiller to him as he was too busy to come over. I did and he replaced the fan overnight. It's working perfectly now. His number is 9836649882 - if it's of any help to somebody.
diveindia
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby mithun » Sun May 14, 2017 7:17 pm

In summer during your maintenance window always clean the radiator as much as possible.. your chiller's performance is dependent on that.. if its clean chiller would need to work less and will last longer while consuming less electricity!
Mithun
M:8583865385
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

My 220Gal reef journal | My 150Gal reef journal
mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby SanamMarik » Sun May 14, 2017 7:40 pm

mithun wrote:In summer during your maintenance window always clean the radiator as much as possible.. your chiller's performance is dependent on that.. if its clean chiller would need to work less and will last longer while consuming less electricity!

wow!! it never occured to me!! thanks fr this tip... :x
Sanam Marik
Knowledge has no end and so is my love for it. :)
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Return to Food and Equipments