Stand for a 4 feet Cichlid Setup

It's all about nutrition and hygiene. Talk about food, filters etc here
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Stand for a 4 feet Cichlid Setup

Postby Rohan » Fri May 27, 2016 7:30 am

Yes that's an additional addon. But right now dont have such intentions. Will keep the frame only
Rohan

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby vikramdutta » Fri May 27, 2016 8:26 am

Rohan wrote:Vikram da wooden will be really costly. around double.

If u go for only wooden frame with six legs and the top with Ply then the costing will be 500 to 600 more. Just take budget for six wooden legs with frame and the Ply before investing in the iron stand. The main issue will be rusting, how much you cover it with paint.
vikramdutta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby bappa » Fri May 27, 2016 9:16 am

vikramdutta wrote:
Rohan wrote:Vikram da wooden will be really costly. around double.

If u go for only wooden frame with six legs and the top with Ply then the costing will be 500 to 600 more. Just take budget for six wooden legs with frame and the Ply before investing in the iron stand. The main issue will be rusting, how much you cover it with paint.

@vikramdutta
i also have a plan i will look
Thanks
BAPPA....

Math. The only place where people buy 60 watermelons and no one wonders why....:)
bappa
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby xarg0n » Tue May 31, 2016 11:57 pm

Iron will work absolutely fine..instead of 4 legs, 6 legs might be a more stable solution. The best way to determine is to talk to the dealers directly and provide them the design and idea of roughly how much weight we are going to deal with, they will use right material and build accordingly. None of us have fine expertise in this area. Better to talk to the iron guys and have a basic chalk out.

@vikram, wood is definitely a good option and it is a better option when we need to use a cabinet for sump and other equipments as well. Covering up a gross looking iron stand is not something everyone is better at. But wood is definitely more expensive and for such load bearing it is always good to use shaal wood only and nothing else, which is again costlier than other cheaper alternatives.
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Postby vikramdutta » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:12 am

xarg0n wrote:Iron will work absolutely fine..instead of 4 legs, 6 legs might be a more stable solution. The best way to determine is to talk to the dealers directly and provide them the design and idea of roughly how much weight we are going to deal with, they will use right material and build accordingly. None of us have fine expertise in this area. Better to talk to the iron guys and have a basic chalk out.

@vikram, wood is definitely a good option and it is a better option when we need to use a cabinet for sump and other equipments as well. Covering up a gross looking iron stand is not something everyone is better at. But wood is definitely more expensive and for such load bearing it is always good to use shaal wood only and nothing else, which is again costlier than other cheaper alternatives.

Yes it is really costly, but why I am for the wooden one is that if u can manage for the frame and the top ply then in future if necessary you can cover the sides and make it look more attractive. Actually we are hobbyist and not retailers, we r in this hobby not only becoz we love it but also we want our room to look nice. The beautiful pets deserves to be kept beautifully. Though it is my own opinion. In my case also after huge financial problems I somehow managed to make the wooden stands. So i will suggest if possible then go for wooden stand. Talk with your local carpenter and ask if they provide you installment facility. Actually my carpenter provided me the facility, so I was able to do my 3' table.
vikramdutta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby satyajit82 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:10 am

You can use ply board with iron stand as well. It will give you the look of a wooden stand with the load bearing capability of an Iron stand.
I have done so with my 120G (4 feet) and 75G (3 feet) tank.
If you need picture let me know, it will give you an idea how to build a iron stand with wood cabinet (fyi it is not that expensive)
satyajit82
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby xarg0n » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:09 am

Go ahead post it sir.. :)

via android...
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Postby satyajit82 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:21 am

will do sir :D
satyajit82
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Rohan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:45 pm

Sourav da modified the legs after the suggestions. Now it will be having 6 instead of 4.
Rohan

Postby Dipankar » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:30 pm

This iron stand can be covered with ply to look like cabinet. Just buy ply polish the outer surface and fix magnet so that it can hold by iron stand and cabinet is ready at very low cost

Sent from my Lenovo A536 using Tapatalk
Dipankar
Die Hard KAC Fan
Die Hard KAC Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Food and Equipments