Nitrogen Cycle

Dedicated to the colorful world of cichlids
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Nitrogen Cycle

Postby reeferfromimphal » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:23 am

Hi Amitava, your tank looks good. I would suggest getting a water test kit at the earliest. That way you can check your parameters at will. Also, as far as I have seen, a bit of algae is usually seen from time to time based on the temperature and light in your tank. You can use an scrubber to remove the algae on a weekly basis. If you think it is still persistent, you can try reducing the amount of light duration in your tank to 8 hours per day or even less. Temperature should be around 26C (80F) for Yellow Cichlids. You can lower/increase the temp of your tank in increments of 1 to acclimate your livestock.

Hope this helps.
reeferfromimphal
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby Amitavac2016 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:30 am

Thank you reeferfromimphal.

A quick update on the tank.
Proudly announcing the arrival of 3 Yellow Labidochromis fries, born a couple of days back in my aquarium.
I have separated them to a smaller tank with a sponge filter and feeding them tetrabits.
Amitavac2016
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Amitavac2016 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:59 am

Picture of the fries in a bare bottom tank with a sponge filter. Is there any other thing which I should do?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Amitavac2016
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Previous

Return to Cichlids