How minimize aggression between Parrot fishes

Dedicated to the colorful world of cichlids
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

How minimize aggression between Parrot fishes

Postby Subha92 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:17 pm

I've four Parrot fishes out of which two(one red and one yellow) have excellent bonding between each other. The well bonded pair used to chase the rest two continuously. I've tried all the know method to distribute the aggression among all, but I've failed to do so. I've already tried the switching off the light for over 1 day, Messing with the decorations so they don't have territories. One of my Parrot fish (Red) has already injured its tail. He also has some black stress marks on his belly. The other yellow one is also seems to be under stress all time. He has also some sign of black stress marks on his fins.

Now please help me out from this issue. I can't rehome them even I can't give some one else who have a tank. Anyway, I have to keep them in my tank. Currently I can't afford another tank. So please suggest something. I've only one Divider. If I put two weaker together or divide them from the aggressive pair, they will start fighting with each other. I'm totally confused. Please suggest me something good way to make them all peaceful. I know the nature are not to be peaceful but wish at least not to bullying like this. Image
P_20170611_182712_1_p_1.jpg
P_20170611_182710_1_p_1.jpg
P_20170611_182120_1_p_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Subha92
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: How minimize aggression between Parrot fishes

Postby hrishi007 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:45 am

If i were you buddy, I would never have bought such hybrid fishes in the first place. The only solution i see is to provide more hiding places.
hrishi007
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Subha92 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:53 am

hrishi007 wrote:If i were you buddy, I would never have bought such hybrid fishes in the first place. The only solution i see is to provide more hiding places.

I don't know, why you guys are against this beautiful fish! Hybrids are the simple thing in nature. The plants we are seeing nowadays are the result on hybridization. We (human) are also the result of hybridization. That's why the apes are not evolving to produce human anymore. Because we have make a distinct trait than the apes. We are actually the result of hybridization. So what is the problem with this fishes?

I'm also against the culture of those fishes which are artificially coloured or have abnormal shapes (heart shape body). But the fishes I have is neither artificially coloured nor been shaped by cutting the tails. I only have the Red and Yellow coloured fishes. Which are naturally occurring species. These fishes have some deformities and I'm trying to take care of this. Please guys don't discourage people with your negative comments. Let me clear the thing again, that I'm also against those fish keeper as well as breeders who buy or sell this fishes with different shapes and colours.

Do You know that the Arawona, Goldfish, Betta and so many well known fishes are there in market which is also hybrid in nature and the hybridization is done so precisely that you can't even detect it. They are done just only to make a good trait like colour, body size, fin shapes, scale colours etc. So never judge a fish just for being a hybrid. Love your fish the most whatever it is.
Subha92
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby SBM » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:46 am

Arowana, goldfish, betta etc are not hybrid but it is called selective breeding from a original natural occurring fish and hybrid is which are man made fish which does not occurs naturally and are quite a bit fragile. Some people love hybrid and some people don't here in KAC people don't support them and everyone have their views go to mfk they have a section for hybrid fishes.
SBM
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Subha92 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:55 am

SBM wrote:Arowana, goldfish, betta etc are not hybrid but it is called selective breeding from a original natural occurring fish and hybrid is which are man made fish which does not occurs naturally and are quite a bit fragile. Some people love hybrid and some people don't here in KAC people don't support them and everyone have their views go to mfk they have a section for hybrid fishes.

You don't have any idea of hybridization. The selective breeding is a type of Hybridization. Ask any one, who is a biologist before making such comments.

You can say the Blood parrots are intentional hybrids but that doesn't mean that they are bad fishes. You may have some point of view. You may not support me but that doesn't mean that you can hate those fishes. Hate me but don't hate those. ;)

One more thing, Blood Parrots are not man made fishes. They have not been created in vitro. They are simple cross breeding products.
Subha92
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby SanamMarik » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:40 pm

WE here dont support Parrot Fish keeping...end of story :)
Sanam Marik
Knowledge has no end and so is my love for it. :)
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby SBM » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:55 pm

+1 to Sanam Marik
SBM
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby bappa » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:35 pm

you can keep any fish in your tank
if we dont have any idea on it the u not get any help ..:)
some love parrots some one not but
all fish are good ...We all love them ... bro
for your parrots add some more hiding places
Thanks
BAPPA....

Math. The only place where people buy 60 watermelons and no one wonders why....:)
bappa
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Return to Cichlids